If you’re looking for a lightweight stroller but want a something that’s a little more beefy than an umbrella, then the sola 2 may be a good fit for you. I’m a big fan of mamas & papas because they make really nice strollers but they are priced a little bit lower than the higher end brands. Even though they aren't cheap, I think you get a lot of bang for your buck.
If you don’t want to watch the video, here is my cheat sheet:
THINGS I LOVED:
- Reversible seat so you can face your baby towards you or where you're going
- Reclines flat so you can use it from birth
- Super-smooth ride with suspension front and back
- It’s pretty light at 22lbs
- Good storage underneath
- Includes a rain cover
- Amazing canopy coverage – these guys always do this really well
- Adjustable handle height – I did have my tall (6’4”) brother try it out and he said it was a good height for him. He said the handle height is never an issue as much as the stride clearance (if it’s too short you kick it when you’re walking with long legs) but he said this one was really good.
- Car seat compatible with Aton, CYBEX Aton Q, Maxi-Cosi Pebble, Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix , BeSafe iZi Go and Primo Viaggio infant carrier with the adaptors
- Great all round stroller to get around town
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- If you are travelling on really rough surfaces or snow then you may want to opt for something with inflatable tires like an Indie 4 (it adds to the weight though)
- At $399 it isn't cheap. Even thought it's a quality product that I think is worth the price, it may not fit everyone's budget. Check out the Graco Literider or Verb if you're looking for a similar style but less expensive.
If you want to compare it to others:
- Armadillo Flip: folds down faster and smaller but it’s about $100 more
- Armadillo: similar features and about $30 cheaper. Doesn’t have the forward facing option or the adjustable handle bar.
- UPPAbaby Cruz: Car seat compatible with Chicco and Maxi-Cosi. Comes with a bug net along with the rain shield. It’s about $130 more.
If you're in the U.S. and you wanted to support the Burd, I'm part of the Amazon affiliate program so if you buy a sola 2 here, your cost will be the same but Pregnant Chicken will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps support my Diet Snapple habit.